Friday, May 4, 2012

Vintage Inspiration #86 Serendipity

Hi Everyone, time for Vintage Inspiration!

This week, like last week, I'm featuring one of you who links to the party. I'll be doing this more often, as I'm always amazed at some of the talent and fresh ideas you all share with us each week. This week I'd like to showcase a relatively new blog, Serendipity.

Sometimes you find a blog out there that just grabs you.
You know what I mean...
one that you feel an immediate connection with.
That's how I felt when I found
Kimberly from Serendipity.



So many things here to love...


Kimberly lives in a wonderful new home, but recently wanted to take her formal "traditional" decor in a somewhat different direction. This is where I totally relate. She didn't want to start over. She wanted to make the change using what she had...lovely traditional furniture. Here is a before shot of her formal "brick red" dining room.

Before


For the first step, repainting in a neutral color made a huge and immediate change. 

 After


And then there's the chandelier metamorphosis. A very formal brass chandy becomes a shabby garden delight with a burlap chain cover and accents with grapevine sconces lined with moss.


A hutch made from recycled barnwood, an old ladder, and a painted dresser all help transform this room into a more intimate and comfortable French Farmhouse Dining Room.





I love how she's used more rustic pieces to blend in with the "formal",
creating a wonderful vintage farmhouse feel.



Hope you'll drop by Serendipity and say Hello to Kimberly, you'll really enjoy looking back through her posts to also see her Living Room transformation with paint. (If you pin any photos of Kimberley's please go back to her blog so she gets the credit.)

So much other talent out here,
 so here are a few other great links from last week:


Elyse from Shabby Sweet Tea remakes a ho-hum table and chairs
 into the perfect Breakfast Room dinette set.



Beautifully embellished matchbox keepsake creations




Going from old brass to bronze Chandy makeover from Laurmelas House



Funky Junk Finds from Joy at A Vintage Green
(love the inside of these suitcases!)


Lee from Soul Style shares her love of vintage lighting 
and gives a great tutorial on wiring it up.




And the cutest idea;
 Chalkboard chargers from Daune at Cottage in the Oaks


Hanging out with my party gals this weekend!






Thanks everyone that comes by to link up each week. You are Amazing! It's so hard to choose features out of so many great links! Please remember to have a visible link within your post, it just takes a minute and it let's everyone else know where to party. If I can do it, you can do it! Each week I find blogs I'd love to feature but there is no mention of where you've linked up. Just a courtesy. Also, my email server has been down since Monday evening. If you've needed to contact me please leave a comment here if it's timely. Hopefully, it will be back up by the end of the day.

OK Everyone, time to link up all your fun this week, 
"anything vintage or vintage inspired".

xoxo,



62 comments:

  1. Debra, I love the vintage things she has added along with the neutral wall colors. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra, I recently found Kimberly's blog and love it! Thanks for hosting each week.
    xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra the neutral colour of the walls is just perfect. Everything looks so fresh and beautiful. Awesome job. Thanks for hosting! I am all linked up.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. That transformation in the dining room is to die for! I hope to have that much creativity one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly has a great blog! I love your features, specially the chandy!
    Thanks for having me. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home! And great features, Debra! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, was amazed at that great dining room transformation! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the French country AFTER of the dining room! The colors are incredible!
    Thank you for hosting our party,
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Debra I LOVE her dining room and her chandy makeover is GORGEOUS!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeousness! Love her site. I am off to join it! Thanks for hosting and for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks wonderful . I am a simply country collector no real style what ever catches my eye a bit of this and that I guess you could say lol ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty Debra. I can see the connection. Thanks for hosting!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will get right on over to Serendipity and check her out.

    I always thought your blog was a WOW also

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debra,
    You are just the kindest hostess...Kimberly has done a beautiful job...isn't that chandelier to die for??? Your other showcased guest are equally amazing!!! Thank you for hosting this weekly vintage meme!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debra,
    Great feature.She has a beautiful home and a great blog too.Thank you for hosting.Have a wonderful day!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Debra, Love Serendipity's blog and home - gorgeous dining room!
    Great features - thank you for being a gracious hostess,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debra,

    Thanks so much for featuring my brass to iron chandelier. I love how it turned out. Can't wait to find another project to transform!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous dining room Debra!!~
    Thanks so much for introducing us to this wonderful new blog!!~
    Wishing you a wonderful afternoon.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what gorgeous eye candy! Thanks for hosting Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those were all some great ideas - thanks for sharing them.
    Thanks for hosting again this week - you are appreciated. I am in this week. Have not joined in a while.
    Enjoy your evening

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do believe this is my first time linking up!! Thanks for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Debra... what a beautiful home Kimberly has!... thanks for sharing... I just linked up, thanks for hosting!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Debra, I love Kimberly's dining room. Although I love the before red I love the new neutral color. Huge difference. I love all her french country touches. Absolutely charming. Great features. Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll go check her out. I love farmhouse style.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Debra; Thanks for featuring my Funky Junk Finds (suitcases) this week. A thrill for me.

    Today I discovered iPiccy and it does collages. Whew!

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your features are always so fun! Love that dining room, esp. the sign, and love the suitcases!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Debra, what a beautiful room/blog to feature. I love her style and mix of formal and casual...to me, that's what makes it so personal, so cozy and inviting. I love that look and feel! Her hutch is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Kimberly's transformation is amazing! I love her whole dining room. I'm off to visit her blog next.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's an amazing transformation! Love the new rooms. I'll go check her out. Thanks so much Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  30. that dining room
    is gawgeous!

    love all the features
    and i'm all linked up

    thanks for hosting friend!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! Thanks for hosting!
    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for hosting every week, Debra! Great features - as always. Time to party!!
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for hosting! Love those features!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for hosting, Debra. I will come back tomorrow night to do some visiting at the party, and also check out Serendipity. I'm on the warpath cleaning the house tonight. It's one of those nights!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Kimberly's transformed chandelier is nothing short of amazing! Thanks for featuring her because I was unfamiliar with her blog. Linked up my new potting bench!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you for taking the time to put on a party each week. So much to see and be inspired by. Love me some vintage inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your images are gorgeous, as always!
    Thank you for hosting!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for hosting! Wonderful features. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Debra, thank you for introducing us to Kimberly and sharing a look into her beautiful home. I'm off to see more. Great features and links as always. Thanks for hosting each week. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very pretty indeed. Thank you again for the kind feature last week and for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Debra, Thank you so much for the feature and for hosting! We're kindred, you and I. I felt a connection to you from the moment that I saw your header! I'm humbled by all of the kind words and comments that everyone has left and I'm so glad to have found all of YOU as well! For anyone who has asked about the chandelier, I put a tutorial on the blog today. Have a glorious Friday! xo, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderful transformation! Love it!

    Thanks for featuring my chalkboard chargers. :)

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous home with so many creative ideas....Beautiful feature!!!...Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for featuring Serendipity -- not only did I love HER site but found several others through her as well that are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for hosting! gorgeous featured home! Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. So many lovely ideas Debra!

    Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you for hosting Miss Debra!
    I joined in this week- and I am off to see the blog you recommended.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  48. WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks so much for hosting! ~Kristie Market Nine home.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thanks so much for hosting, Debra! I LOVE the changes Kimberly has made in her traditional decor! I am striving to achieve something similar in my home.
    Baby steps!
    Have a great weekend!!
    xo-Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh I love the color change! Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love Kimberley's dining room transformation. Featured it just last week! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love Kimberley's dining room transformation. Featured it just last week! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  54. Debra,
    I LOVE her makeover too....so very charming. I sure hope you have better luck people linking your party on their post...I am having the same problem.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks for posting this a large collection of items. If you are interested to surprise your friends, relatives and loved ones. USe our service at Gift to India 24x7.com. We deliver gifts as per on order to the right place by our Gifts to India deliver team. On this special session rakhi a beautiful gifts on Rakhi to India.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beautiful dining room. I think my favorite part (although it was hard to pick) are the colors of the hydrangeas in the basket.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  57. There is some serious inspiration going on in this place! Thanks for having us all over to your place for the party. Keep up the inspirational work!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love your blog! And I love your dining room! Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Kimberley's dining room transformation is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  60. So much beauty! I love popping around to all of these sites! Have a blessed day and thanks for sharing! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Feel free to comment, big or small. Be sure and leave your name and blog if commenting under anonymous. Thanks friends

New Posts in Your In-Box