Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day Blessings

With Mother's Day this Sunday
it was about time to put away Easter
and pay tribute to all the Mothers in our lives.

My hall sideboard is my favorite to decorate
 because each month it is wiped clean
and I start from "scratch".


This area is hard to photo
since there is no direct lighting,
and the stairway is immediately in front.
(think...hanging from a chandelier)



But it is one of my favorites to view
because I see it from my kitchen.
So, like the sunroom, it's changed up frequently.


 I have a collection of Mother's Day framed verses,
(yes, I know, another collection)
but most special are my prints
 from the artist Mary Gold,
which signed her work "marygold".




Roses, flower bouquets, ironstone, and old linens,
 bring the nostalgia of Mother's Day past to life.








This little lady reminds me of the print.

Broken but not discarded...
like so many of us,
we find a place of joy and redemption
with our children.






I'll be sharing more of this wonderful
vintage flower album later.


And if you look closely
your will see the word "Mother"
embroidered on this lovely linen towel.


I'll leave you with this passage from Proverbs.



Proverbs 31:25-30


25. Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future. 26. She opens her mouth in wisdom, And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. 27. She looks well to the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. 28. Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband [also], and he praises her, [saying]: 29. "Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all." 30. Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, [But] a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.


I'm linking to Kathleen from Faded Charm
today for White Wednesday!


And a small note about my mysterious news.
I can't wait any longer...

Sunday evening I will be introducing
The Seed Box "Shop Blog"
that I will be doing for Brian and Meloney Russell.

(remember the wonderful Garden House)

Please come back Sunday Evening
 as I link up and publish our first post.

Love and blessings for all the Mothers.
Have a beautiful week!
 
Debra

33 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Love it! Be blessed and happy Mother's Day. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Post Debra

    Love your sideboard displays and perfect scripture from God's word.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Love you, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post for Mother's Day, Debra! Such a lovely setting you have, too--such a perfect tribute to motherhood! I LOVE that vintage framed poem--absolutely beautiful! How lucky you are to have that!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debra,
    I just can't say enough about your sideboard and all the loveliness that it possesses. The vintage flower print book is a real treasure and so are your vintage cards and the little pitchers. It's all lovely.

    I'm excited about the Seed Box. I just loved the tour and post that you did on their sweet cottage. Can't wait to see it.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sideboard is beautiful & your Mother's day vignette is charming Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vignettes are always wonderful, and this one is not exception!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful. I love your banner and the botanical album! I also love that you change your hall every month. Congrats on the new blog. Can't wait to see. I love garden antiques and enjoyed your previous posts on the Seed Box. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos and I love what you said about the little lady figurine..."broken, but not discarded, like so many of us". That's just the way our Lord sees us, isn't it? Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The vignette on your sideboard is precious! I have a book of wildflowers, much like yours. We did them as a biology project sophomore year. Stop by and enter my giveaway if you have a chance!
    Beth at Food As Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely idea to be able to change things around! All of your items were just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debra, your vignette looks so pretty, and I am in love with the pressed flower botanical book after only seeing one page! Can't wait to see the new shopping blog. (Just what I need - another place to shop!) laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and a wonderful tribute to all mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your sideboard is just stunning! So many lovely things to see and admire! You have done a wonderful job. I love the adorable picket fence!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is one of my most favorite vignettes of yours! I love the little seed packets, it sort of fits in with your newest venture, doesn't it? :-)

    Love ya! Call ya tomorrow, today just slipped away from me, I'm sorry!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely post! I collect chalkware dolls, too and have the same little girl~ I love how each one is different from the others!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debra you are so good! I would never enter my mind to decorate for Mother's Day. Your sideboard is just lovely and I know you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post, I love the display of Mother's day items. It makes me want to start collecting things that have to do with Moms!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Debra... What a gorgeous vignette! The pressed flower book is stunning... and I love the name Marygold! :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it ~ and can see why its your favorite place to decorate. Gorgeous elements all pulled together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love so much of this, but especially the little figurine and verse.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. The view from your kitchen is lovely and inspiring, like your sentiments. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all of these beauties... my favorite is the Mother's Creed and the embroidered towel:) Can't wait to see the Seed Box shop blog!!!! Yippppppeeeee! Have a blessed day dear Debra! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning! Catching up on everything now that I have Internet service returned.
    With the storm damage that we have received in the Nashville area things are getting back to normal...at least for my house.

    So catching up with your amazing vignettes as they are always wonderful.
    Cheers and Blessings!
    cindykay

    ReplyDelete
  24. The sun is shining on the sweetest of displays! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Debra!!!! What a gorgeous display!!!! I. am. SO in love with your herbarium...I dream of owning one someday!!!! For now I am happy with my CD of images from an old one. The Seedbox is so smart to let you do their blog!!! I can't wait to see more of that gorgeous store ~ I hope you're having a wonderful week sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE your little displays in the area you said is hard to photograph. So, on that note, I must say you did a wonderful job taking pictures of it as well! Happy WW
    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  27. Debra, I've got a little surprise for you over at my blog...

    Hugs,

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your post Debra! Such inspiring words and creative photos too!! Thanks so much for putting it together to share!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  29. What lovely Mother's Day verses you have. I found one at a garage sale one year and gave it to my Mom. Very pretty vignette.

    Hope you are having a wonderful week.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your photos--and loved seeing the Marygold print--I collect her prints and have way too many! :-) You don't see her pictures around alot anymore. I sent some photos to a lady in England who was putting together a book on Marygold's work, but never heard what became of it. Anyway, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Debra, what a beautifull post
    I so love your print, and beautifull card, and the flower album, is gorgeus.Thanks for showing, dear.
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  32. Simply Beautiful! Just like you, I see all your commments and your blog your a very special person.It was nice to visit with you today.Happy Mother's Day to you! ~Enjoy Kim

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your welcoming display is so pretty and charming. I love the broken lady, I so relate to that. We all have our "cracks" but the Lord loves us as though we were whole.
    Blessings
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Feel free to comment, big or small. Be sure and leave your name and blog if commenting under anonymous. Thanks friends

New Posts in Your In-Box